(No subject)

barbarapowrie <bpowrie@...>

Duvall Days 2008 – Radio Amateurs needed!

June 6th – 7th

The City of Duvall has requested the Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club to provide communications for the 2008 Duvall Days Fun Run, as well as coordination on setup and takedown of the vendor area in McCormick Park.  According to Doreen Booth, Duvall's Economic Development Director, "phones and handheld radios have proven problematic, as has been having civilians try to communicate on radios. So we could use trained radio operators."

As Chair of the Education Outreach Committee of SnoVARC, I have committed (well, I knew you would back me up) at least enough radio operators to serve as course marshals for the Saturday morning 10K Fun Run, approximately 8-10 am, and as Monitors along the Snoqualmie Valley Trail (SVT) that morning to keep runners and vendor representatives sorted out, approximately 6-9 am.  For these two groups, we will need 13-15 volunteers.  Additionally, the City could use 5 radio operators to assist with traffic on the SVT during vendor setup – Friday night, June 6th, from 4-7 pm, and also at takedown on Saturday night from 5-7 pm.  As these times do not conflict with the requirement for Fun Run course marshals, it is possible for you to handle both a Fun Run and a Vendor Coordination assignment.

OK, guys, I need bodies, and I need commitments by our next club meeting on Thursday, April 3rd.  If you can help out with this community event, please respond to my email address by April 3rd, or let me know at the April SnoVARC meeting.  Aside from the obvious fact that our club would provide a needed – and requested - community service, we will help out our own Carnation-Duvall Citizen Corps since part of the proceeds from the Fun Run will be donated to the CERT program.

Here are the volunteer opportunities – please let me know your preferred "slot" or if you are flexible as to assignment.

10K Course Marshall

SVT Monitor

Vendor Setup

Vendor Takedown

Sat 6/7 (8-10 am)

Sat 6/7 (6-9 am)

Fri 6/6 (4-7 pm)

Sat 6/7 (5-7 pm)

Thank you for your support for our club and for our community.  As Winston Churchill once said, "You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give."

Barbara Powrie

Education Outreach

Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club

K7XIT