Re: KE7GFZ . Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Appreciation for Fun Run Volunteers

Kathy K7KJB

Thanks for forwarding this Barb.  Always a pleasure to work on this race!

Kathy

From: KE7GFZ@... [mailto:KE7GFZ@...] On Behalf Of barbpowrie
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:33 PM
To: KE7GFZ@...
Subject: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Appreciation for Fun Run Volunteers

THANKS to all the radio operators, CERT's, and neighbors who volunteered as Course Marshals for the June 3rd Fun Run in Duvall.  As you can see from comments by the runners themselves, you were very much appreciated! Here is an email from Paige Denison, representing the Riverview Education Foundation.

Barb Powrie

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:11 PM
To: run@...
Cc: Barb Powrie; Jim Bennett; Sue Davenport; Tim Weinert; John Hawkins; Pam Werner; Dean Vergillo; Lori Bailey
Subject: To the Volunteers that put the AWE in Awesome! Thank you!

Dear RUN DUVALL Volunteers,

Listen Up!  I want you to experience just a smattering of the emails I've received about YOU:

"Just want to extend my thanks and appreciation for a great event at Run Duvall today.  I ran the 10K and though the first couple of miles were really tough, I thoroughly enjoyed the event.  The volunteers were enthusiastic and friendly, and the post-race was great.  Despite the challenge I still beat my personal best for the 10K distance by over 2 mins so overall it was a fantastic day for me..!!  Schedule permitting, I will have this on my race calendar again next year. "

"My favorite part of the event is, of course, the finish line. There is such a spirit of community there!"

"if you talk to your lead cyclist, tell him thanks for clearing a path. He was totally on top of getting the wayward runners to the right-hand side of the path on our way back."

"I do want to say thank you to YOU and ALL the VOLUNTEERS!"

"But a long way ahead - there shone a yellow-green vest that said - "we are here - waiting for you!"  Always they were so smiley and pleasant - I thanked them for their patience - they said they enjoyed being there - it  just made the whole walk wonderful.  Then - the wonderful cheering
when I did finish - was SO appreciated!"

"Thank you for a great run. I could not believe how competitive my age was. I really enjoyed how friendly everyone was. You had plenty of food and refreshments. I run about 20 runs a year and  your run is right up there in the top 5."

"I wanted to let you know how impressed I was on the Run Duvall 5k/10k on Sunday.  My girlfriend and I were in town for my sisters wedding in Redmond and figured while were here let's find a race to run.  The volunteers were amazing from the race check in, through out the race (the boy scouts at the aid station were awesome!) And at the end of the race.  The town of Duvall has some special people.""

"Please tell all the volunteers and race officials that they did an awesome job! If were ever in Seattle at the time of the race, we well definitely be running again.Thanks again for an awesome event that capped off a special weekend for my family."

I'll say it again: It's a tall order to find the proper words to convey just  how much we appreciate your efforts but these folks did  it pretty well! You did an amazing job yet again this Sunday putting on a great race for a lot of sweaty, happy folks!  I often say that the telling bit about a team is in those moments when things aren't going as planned ~ well, we had a few of those moments and folks just pitched in and smiled and got 'er done without hesitation and as a result the participants just concentrated on having a great race. Thank you. You can check out the  results here: www.runduvall.org and photos at www.photobakery.net .

We had 590 registered runners in the 5K,10K and Kid's Dashes  and 527 finishers overall. We talk all the time about how nice it is to work with all of you! The race was possible because of your efforts. Without course marshals, registration crew, medical aid, water station workers, post race food heroes, photographers, pacers, sweeps and finish chute volunteers, there is quite literally no race.You make it happen.  And there is something else you make happen: the race raised approximately $9,000  towards supporting health and wellness programming in Riverview School District through REF grants. With the current state of education funding, it becomes more critical all the time.

A special shoutout to CERT and SVARC: Your professionalism is key to race execution and we really appreciate your vigilance keeping the runners safe and training those you are working alongside.  We feel honored to be able to work with you again this year and to support your good works.

Folks, we value your time and your help.  If you have any comments or suggestions please let us know. We look forward to working with all of you in future events so we hope you'll be back! Mark your calendars now and save the first weekend of June for our Community Run Party!

With warm appreciation,
Paige
www.runduvall.org
Riverview Education Foundation

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.