Re: What Mobile HF Antenna Do You Like?

Mel N7GCO <leadcoach@...>

Rowland there are a number of good choices. If money is no object, I
think the Hi-Q are excellent. On a more economical scale are the High
Sierra and the Tarheel, both of which are well made. I have a High
Sierra and I think some other in the club have the Tarheel. Everyone I
know who has either of these likes them and I would consider them equals.

You will also probably want an automatic tuner for your screwdriver. I
have the Turbo Tuner and like it.

How you mount the antenna is important on a mobile installation. A
good source of ideas for mobile installations is Alan Applegate's web
site http://www.k0bg.com/.

I will be glad to show you my installation if you were interested.