From: KE7GFZ@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KE7GFZ@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
shawn
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:49 AM
To: KE7GFZ@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Rowland Brasch
Subject: Re: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC)
Volunteer Callout for Carnation July 4th Celebration

I'd love to help out, but the required meeting on a Wednesday night is
in the middle of my work shift. :-(

Is there a possible alternative to that meeting?

--
--Shawn
--KF7WXG

On 6/10/2013 9:16 AM, Rowland Brasch wrote:

Please sign up for this event and help out. Thank you!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsEV5jELRkaqYBnYSTz44vb6eVHlEcMU8hb
vKDcLwjNvYICH2VgEmt8cPz*__*

*_PLEASE VOLUNTEER 2 HOURS JULY 4^th FOR TRAFFIC CONTROL!!_*

*__*

As I mentioned in my last communiqué, for the first time we’ve been
asked by the City of Carnation to help with traffic control for this
very popular and historical annual event. It has been with great pride
that we’ve served Carnation’s emergency preparedness volunteer issues,
and we are honored to have been sourced for this important help.

There were several problems with traffic and pedestrian crossings at
last year’s celebration, and Carnation is reaching out for our help.
Like many cities, they have limited resources to pay police to staff all
the side streets and traffic flow. That is where we come in! /_They’re
looking for a group of preparedness-trained folks to volunteer in 2-hour
shifts between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm on July 4^th *.*_*Special access will
be given to all volunteers for event parking.*/

**

*We need a pair of volunteers at four different intersections during
these hours. We will offer some traffic control training and provide a
CERT vest (if you don’t already have one). You will be required to
attend a brief volunteer orientation/training on 6/26 @ 7:00 pm at
Carnation City Hall. *

This is an important callout for our community and a great opportunity
to do a little CDCCC/CERT/MRC promotion. Please let me know ASAP if you
can spare a couple hours on 7/4 – which still gives you plenty of time
to enjoy the festivities of the day!

I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you all!

*Cherise D. Bromberg*

President, CDCCC

reeseedee@yahoo.com <mailto:reeseedee@yahoo.com>

425-333-0086

cdccdlogo

*www.carnationduvallcitizencorps.org
<http://www.carnationduvallcitizencorps.org/>;*

*Your website for information on community emergency preparedness,
training and resources. Check it out!*

--
--Shawn
--KF7WXG