Re: KE7GFZ ? Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) FW: Baked potato salad

Kathy K7KJB

Jeremiah – tell Amber thanks. This was sooooo good!

Kathy

From: KE7GFZ@... [mailto:KE7GFZ@...]
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2014 3:32 PM
To: ke7gfz@...
Subject: KE7GFZ ? Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) FW: Baked potato salad

See below.

-----Original Message-----

From: "Amber" <amberj.79@...>
Sent: June 28, 2014 10:58 PM
To: "Jjudd" <jcjudd@...>
Subject: Baked potato salad

All amounts are approximate. I've never had an 'actual' recipe.  Everything listed is what I used for the salad made for field day :)

10 lbs red potatoes
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 packages good bacon, chopped
1 cup mayo
2 16 oz containers nonfat sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 425°
Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Line cooling rack with raw bacon. Bake for 15 minutes then flip and bake another 10-15 minutes. (You can do this with a pan/stove top or also in the oven without cooling rack, bacon just needs to drain well) reserve 2-3 tablespoons of drippings. Chill bacon.

Scrub and trim potatoes then cut up into bite size pieces.  (You can peel if you like). Spread out in a thin layer on 1 or 2 cookie sheets. Add the bacon grease and bake/roast until fork tender. Stir once or twice  for even cooking. Chill
In a separate bowl add remaining ingredients and stir well. Add chopped/chilled bacon, stir. Add chilled potatoes and mix GENTLY.

Garnish with a strip or 2 of crumbled bacon and some green onions if you'd like.

Tip: you can also bake potato like normal, just under cook by 5 to 10 minutes. If they are fully baked they will mush. Ohhhh, this could be awesome for twice baked potatoes or even mashed... yummmm!

Salad is best after an hour or so (refrigerated). Enjoy!

Amber