Re: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) RE: KE7GFZ . Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Baofeng Radios

Irvina Mizell

I've found the radio and programming cable on Amazon.  Which j-pole do I need?  Thanks much.

Irvina

To: KE7GFZ@...
From: KE7GFZ@...
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 19:34:17 -0700
Subject: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) RE: KE7GFZ . Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Baofeng Radios

Rick has the BF-F8+ model which is compatible with the UV-5R+.  It is performing about the same as the UV-5R+ both output power and receiver sensitivity.  From what I can tell it works great.

I have worked with 7 of these radios all without issue.  The only problem so far is when I bought a spare battery where one of the lithium cells was not connected and they sent a replacement.

73,

Dan KA7GPP

From: KE7GFZ@...
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 14:54:22 -0700

Well I purchased two Baofeng radios from Amazon.  One worked but  the other one’s power supply to charge batteries did not.  In process of exchanging with Amazon.