Re: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) RE: KE7GFZ . Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Baofeng Radios

Irvina Mizell

I've found the radio and programming cable on Amazon.  Which j-pole do I need?  Thanks much.

Irvina

To: KE7GFZ@...
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 19:34:17 -0700
Subject: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) RE: KE7GFZ . Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Baofeng Radios

Rick has the BF-F8+ model which is compatible with the UV-5R+.  It is performing about the same as the UV-5R+ both output power and receiver sensitivity.  From what I can tell it works great.

I have worked with 7 of these radios all without issue.  The only problem so far is when I bought a spare battery where one of the lithium cells was not connected and they sent a replacement.

Dan KA7GPP

Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:36 PM
Subject: RE: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Baofeng Radios

So far the ones I bought seem to be working.  I initially thought one of my charging bases or wall wart wasn't because the red light wasn't coming on the first time I dropped it in (presuming the battery needed a full charge) but since using that radio and running down the battery it now seems to be charging as I would expect.

Dan seems to have resolved my mystery programming issue so I probably just need to buy a different prgrming cable and start whittling away on the connector plastic.

There is just so many little things that could go wrong but may not be discovered for quite a while but...well...I guess that is what the warranty is for.

Rick
kb7cin

Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 14:54:22 -0700
Subject: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Baofeng Radios

Well I purchased two Baofeng radios from Amazon.  One worked but  the other one’s power supply to charge batteries did not.  In process of exchanging with Amazon.

Thanks,

Rowland

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.