Re: KE7GFZ � Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Re: KE7GFZ � Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Re: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Re: KE7GFZ · Snoqualmie Valley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC) Field Day

Shawn / K7ATA

On 6/24/2015 12:28 PM, shawn shawn@... [KE7GFZ] wrote:
So, does anyone have female-female DB-9 serial cables?

these kind, if you need a visual:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/networking-routers/product-detail.html?oid=5354522&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

These would allow ups to automate parts of the logging, and allow
computer control of the radios... 3 are needed.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 6/23/2015 11:19 PM, shawn shawn@... [KE7GFZ] wrote:
Awesome!

I didn't even think of looking at last years mail. :-\

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 6/23/2015 10:38 PM, k7add@... [KE7GFZ] wrote:
It's actually in the archive from last year!

Note that N1MM+ is no longer in beta (was last year) and is MUCH preferred.

From last year:
--------
For Field Day, we'll be using N1MM computer logging software. We'll have two laptops networked so "dupes" can be observed between the two stations. These logging computers are now Snovarc property and I'll keep them running, if need be.

A fantastic (though a bit dry) video was posted by VE3DVY on the basics of computer logging with N1MM software - link below. You don't need to watch this to understand it to understand operations on the "day of" but it'll certainly help. I'll have printed instructions on the tables next to the computers.

73, K7ADD

Field Day and using N1MM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6wQK4c1s7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6wQK4c1s7M
Field Day and using N1MM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6wQK4c1s7M Here is a this short video for Field day and how to use the logging program N1MM as an operator in Peterborough Ontario ARES Field Day event. It is part...
View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6wQK4c1s7M
Preview by Yahoo

Posted by: shawn <shawn@...>

Yahoo Groups Links