Re: Mellish Reef DXpedition Elmer presentation interest?

Bengt-Erik Norum

I'm happy to invite him - this will be an interesting one, for sure!  I was originally scheduled to be on the trip and had to bail, due to the new job.  I built the website and donation mechanism and was a pilot and twitter liaison for the operation, while they were out there.  Some of my equipment even went without me.

I can tell you that this operation falls into the "mega complexity" category.  They took ~8 pallets of gear and ran 5 operating positions, often with two stations on the same band (CW/RTTY & Phone).   Their final tally for ~10 days on the reef was 43k (+/- some for log discrepancies).

73, K7ADD

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Rob Fanfant, N7QT, will be returning very soon from the Mellish Reef Dxpedition, VK9MA. I am sure he will book up very quickly for Elmer presentations. Any interest in booking him in his first available month? Mellish Reef is uninhabited way out in the Coral Sea. How cool is that? Did anyone work the DXpedition?