From: snovarc@groups.io [mailto:snovarc@groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 8:00 AM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Fox Hunt Next Summer

CDCCC (the umbrella org under which SNOVARC is organized) is a 501(c)3 not for profit corporation.  So it’s incorporated somewhere (probably WA state but it could be pretty much anywhere in the US) and is at least registered with the IRS to get 501(c)3 status.  Among other things this means that your dues and contributions to SNOVARC (or to CDCCC in general) are tax deductible.

None of this incorporation stuff is particularly important outside the sphere of taxes and finances and corporate governance but it certainly means that CDCCC (and thus SNOVARC) is NOT just a group of friends with a common interest.

In my experiences with Paypal for a non-profit I founded, I found Paypal’s treatment of non-profits to shabby and disgusting and I’ve avoided Paypal as much as possible ever since.  I’d suggest that SNOVARC would do well to steer a path well clear of Paypal.  That’s just my opinion, nothing more, but there it is.

On Dec 11, 2017, at 7:42 AM, Mark Kenworthy <mark@...> wrote:

Goods and services are clearly separated from personal payments.  Our club is not selling goods or services, we are just a group of friends with a common interest.

Mark