Re: Fox Hunt Next Summer

Mark Kenworthy

That's a good idea, keeps it universal.

-----Original Message-----
From: snovarc@groups.io [mailto:snovarc@groups.io] On Behalf Of Shawn / K7ATA
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:21 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Fox Hunt Next Summer

If we got something like this; https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0000511G0/ , and everyone ordered the BNC adapter that adapts to their own radio, we would be in great shape.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 12/12/2017 9:52 PM, Dan Pflugrath wrote:

I like the idea of getting something with the connectors already
attached.  From my experience to have about 3 feet of coax is a real
plus.  I am sure we could find a similar item with say 6 feet of coax
and cut in half gives the 3 feet needed.

Another route is to attach a connector using something like these links.

SMA Male   SMA Female about $1 each
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me%3DA64JRSYTRERAS&field-
keywords=SMA+female+Connector+Straight+Crimp+RG316+RG174>

BNC for RG174 about $1.50 each
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-SETS-BNC-Male-Crimp-for-RG174-RG179-RG316
-LMR100-Cable-Connector-USA-Seller/332094969265?hash=item4d526715b1:g:
EegAAOSw4YdYyy2R:sc:USPSFirstClass%2198223%21US%21-1>

RG174 Coax  about $0.30 per foot
<https://www.amazon.com/Eightwood-RG174-Coax-Coaxial-Cable/dp/B0107RF9
2E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513142704&sr=1-1&keywords=RG1
74>

Dan KA7GPP