Re: Carnation 4th of July Volunteers Needed

Kathy K7KJB

I’ll be there!

Kathy

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Benjamin Thompson
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:09 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: [snovarc] Carnation 4th of July Volunteers Needed

Hello,

With the 4th of July coming up Carnation-Duvall CERT is looking for volunteers to help us manage traffic through the highway 203 detour in town.

We monitor turns in the detour route and help keep traffic flowing by communicating among the team about large vehicles (semi trucks, RVs, etc.) that are coming through. We are then able to help these large vehicles navigate the corners by stopping oncoming traffic allowing them to make wide turns as needed.  We also serve the general public by answering questions and directing pedestrians toward the festivities.

This is a great low pressure event to work on your radio communication and traffic management skills.

If you are available on July 4th between 6:30 AM  and 12:30 PM and are willing to help us out, I and the Carnation 4th Committee would greatly appreciate it.  Please let me know if you are available and if have any questions.