Re: FT8900R night at Big Rock Ball Fields

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

In fairness much of our struggle was caused by the user interface of the radio.

When the VCR market dried up, apparently all the people who did UI design for VCRs (the folks who made it impossible to figure out how to set the clock) got jobs doing UI design for Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood, etc.

Whoever decided the right UI choice was a long list of menu items to scroll thru, each item denoted by one or two 3 letter abbreviations (e.g. COD TYP), well, I hope they end up in the Special Hell.  You know, the one where the people who talk in the theatre go.

On Jul 11, 2018, at 3:08 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Dan,
Thank you for saving me the time figuring this out...for crying out loud...

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 10:35 PM, Dan Pflugrath <dpflugrath@...> wrote:

This link has a short description of WIRES and how to disable and re-enable the function on Yaesu radios FT-60 and FT8900.

disabling-wires-on-your-yaesu-radio.html

73,

Dan KA7GPP