Re: Need to find new home for club's Bell Repeater
Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
One possible site which seems like it merits some examination is the City of Carnation evacuation site at the south end of Tolt River Highlands.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
* site is central to the lower Snoqualmie Valley rather than more toward the north end as the Bell site is.
* it’s not clear to me 120VAC power is available
* site does not cover the area east of the valley and north of NE 124th Ave NE as well as the Bell site does.
* site has good exposure for solar power.
* we’d really want every last bit of elevation we could get on an antenna on that site. Even a 30’ mast would help.
* if we put the repeater there, we’d want to evaluate whether the Carnation and Big Rock crossband repeaters ought to be relocated as well. We’d probably want to find a site on the west side of the valley for a crossband (Carnation Farm comes to mind as a possible site for a crossband, or indeed as a site for the repeater.
* site has a pretty good view of the valley proper.
* site owner is the City of Carnation, and we already have a good relationship with the city.
A good assessment of how well the repeater would cover the valley from that site would be relatively easy and would be a good thing to have on hand regardless, as it’s an obvious location for a crossband in the event we have a big event.
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!