From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Kosters
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:11 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Need to find new home for club's Bell Repeater

I ran some mapping and agree with Shawn that holes would be a problem along with other issues, I do know from King tower the coverage is far better than this picture indicates. The water tower in Duvall is ok site but had my eyes on one area for years in case I might venture this route at some time. Actually covers into the Lake areas and could eliminate some cross band needs so these radios could be used in other service areas. Surprising enough the Old Dump site does not cover Duvall well at modest antenna height, we don't need tower climbers. Play around with the location KMZ file I sent earlier and use modest height antenna (10 meter AGL) 6 BD UHF and 20 to 50 watts.

Ken W7ECK

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:

appears the attached pic didn't go through... here it is this time.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 7/22/2018 3:45 PM, Shawn / K7ATA wrote:

Just did a radiomobile study for that site, and it leaves some surprising holes, assuming the antenna is at 30 feet. Tower access might change this a lot, but we'd have to see what the site has to offer.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 7/22/2018 11:19 AM, Dan Pflugrath wrote:

King Mountain us about due east of the Monroe honor farm.  There are two tower sites and can be seen from many place around the valley.  It is gated but is an easy 1-2 miles.  I am assuming we may be able to get permission to use the site and get access. If I look through my archive of pictures I have a picture of the signage.

Dan KA7GPP