Question re: HT BNC Antenna Adapter

Ken Koch

I have a question regarding my HT antenna.  I am somewhat annoyed by my HT antenna connection (SMA) since every time I want to connect or disconnect an antenna I need to screw it in.  This is an issue since it is tri-band, and requires an antenna change for 220.  I might also want to switch back and forth between the stock antenna and a higher performance/longer one.

I purchased a SMA/BNC adapter for the HT, and one for each antenna.  However, it occurred to me that these adapters may slightly change the resonance of the antennas or otherwise affect performance.

Practically speaking will  this make any performance difference at all?