Re: Plasma TV Interference (ICom 7300)

Shawn / K7ATA

Unfortunately, the only solution is wire cutters applied directly to the power cord (unplugged, of course!).

The screen itself is the source of the RF noise that you are dealing with, and there's not a lot that can be done about it, except to replace it with something that doesn't require HV/HF energy to make dots light up.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 8/6/2018 11:00 PM, Ken@aperson.me wrote:
For the last week I've been trying to track down a weird problem with my new Icom 7300.  The display shows (all bands) a to 1 to 2 +- hz pulsing  I noticed that it happened only on certain times of the day.  All peaks in spectrum were showing pules up and down in tandem.  The waterfall was showing what I assume to be data lines in the waterfall would pulse on and off.

I finally narrowed it down to times when my wife was watching our downstairs plasma TV.  Eureka!   Turning the TV on/off I was able to recreate the problem 100%.  OK, so now what do I do about it other than dump the TV.  I tried ferrite beads on the TV AC and Icom power supply feeds, which did nothing, I didn't expect it to but it is nice to search for cheap fixes.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I know that not many people have plasma TVs these days, but I really don't want to invest a new TV since the performance is decent.  Although now that I think about it an excuse for a bigger/better/newer TV....