Re: Carnation HF Loop Antenna non-functional

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

It’s certainly true that if the configuration is radio->feedline->tuner->ladderline->loop, turning on the tuner results in hearing more noise at the receiver.

What is not certain is that the tuner is creating noise, as opposed to doing a better job of getting the noise onto the coax when it is turned on compared to when it is turned off.

On Aug 28, 2018, at 4:44 PM, Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

But when it was hooked to the loop antenna and turned on it did create noise.

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 10:14 AM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Carnation HF Loop Antenna non-functional

It is not true that switching on the tuner introduces noise.  If we have the tuner on the bench in the shack, connected to the radio via a short feedline, we get no difference in noise when we power cycle the tuner.

On Aug 27, 2018, at 9:56 AM, Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

Dan,

There was a definite noise introduced when you turned the tuner on.  But it did tune the antenna.

Thank You,