Re: Traffic control Duvall?

Kathy K7KJB

I was the one actually organizing this event.  The issue did indeed have to do with insurance.  When I asked the Chamber if we could be covered as volunteers for this event I was told they could not.  After checking with the County to see if we could get a Mission Number to cover us I was told that if the event had been organized by the City we could apply for a number, but since it was not a city-organized event we would not be able to get a Mission Number.

My apologies, Robin, for not getting back to you with the updated info.

Kathy

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:45 AM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Traffic control Duvall?

Certainly you don’t expect the Duvall Chamber of Commerce (the org promoting the event) to trust a bunch of tech-nerds.  Church congregants are inherently trustworthy.  Weird nerdy folks who can call spirits from the vasty deep, not so trustworthy.  ;-)

Joking aside it sounds like there’s some issue that needs to be addressed with the Chamber of Commerce.  

But I would expect that the Chamber of Commerce types simply trust their fellow church members with kids more than they trust some folks they simply don’t know at all.  I would point out, though, that public perception of SNOVARC (and at a larger scale, CDCCC) is a key issue in getting grants.  The more we can point to support for community events like this, the more credibility we have.  So it actually is an issue worth pursuing.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Oct 31, 2018, at 9:30 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

I learned from my daughter a church is providing crossing guards.

Robin, WA7CPA 

On Oct 31, 2018, at 9:29 AM, Benjamin Thompson <thompson.benjamin.g@...> wrote:

Tom might have more knowledge, you might want to chalk my understanding up under speculation. I believe the issue was the group organizing the trick or treat event, it is not the city proper that is running things.

-Benjamin Thompson, sent from my phone.

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> on behalf of Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:24:50 AM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Traffic control Duvall?

Dear Clueless,
Today is Halloween. I remember last month raising my hand when asked who would do traffic control for the tykes on Main Street. Then I heard nothing more about it.
Robin WA7CPA 
> On Oct 31, 2018, at 9:22 AM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:
> 
> Color me clueless(or just low on coffee), but what event is happening today?
> 
> --Shawn
> --K7ATA
> 
>> On 10/31/2018 9:06 AM, Ralph Lease wrote:
>> Ben:
>> 
>> If there were insurance/liability issues with participating in the city event, will this affect the participation abilities in the future?  As SnoVARC, we have/had access to assist the city for communications.  Your response gives me concern about the CDCCC partnership with the city.
>> 
>> Please allay my concern.
>> 
>> 73,
>> Ralph Lease
>> KC7QXD
>> 
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 7:06 AM Benjamin Thompson <thompson.benjamin.g@... <mailto:thompson.benjamin.g@...>> wrote:
>> 
>>    Hi Robin,
>> 
>>    If I remember correctly, there were insurance/liability issues
>>    with having our groups volunteering so our participation was canceled.
>> 
>>    -Benjamin Thompson, sent from my phone.
>>    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>    *From:* snovarc@groups.io <mailto:snovarc@groups.io>
>>    <snovarc@groups.io <mailto:snovarc@groups.io>> on behalf of Robin
>>    Amundson <wa7cpa@... <mailto:wa7cpa@...>>
>>    *Sent:* Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:03:43 AM
>>    *To:* snovarc@groups.io <mailto:snovarc@groups.io>
>>    *Subject:* [snovarc] Traffic control Duvall?
>>    I thought we are providing traffic control on Main Street this
>>    afternoon. I have seen no further information or directives.
>>    Please advise. Tnx
>>    73,
>>    Robin. WA7CPA
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.