From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:45 AM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Traffic control Duvall?

Certainly you don’t expect the Duvall Chamber of Commerce (the org promoting the event) to trust a bunch of tech-nerds.  Church congregants are inherently trustworthy.  Weird nerdy folks who can call spirits from the vasty deep, not so trustworthy.  ;-)

Joking aside it sounds like there’s some issue that needs to be addressed with the Chamber of Commerce.

But I would expect that the Chamber of Commerce types simply trust their fellow church members with kids more than they trust some folks they simply don’t know at all.  I would point out, though, that public perception of SNOVARC (and at a larger scale, CDCCC) is a key issue in getting grants.  The more we can point to support for community events like this, the more credibility we have.  So it actually is an issue worth pursuing.

On Oct 31, 2018, at 9:30 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

I learned from my daughter a church is providing crossing guards.

On Oct 31, 2018, at 9:29 AM, Benjamin Thompson <thompson.benjamin.g@...> wrote:

Tom might have more knowledge, you might want to chalk my understanding up under speculation. I believe the issue was the group organizing the trick or treat event, it is not the city proper that is running things.

-Benjamin Thompson, sent from my phone.