From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 1:02 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Interesting Read About Water Issues After Earthquake.

The problems I see are:
* earthquake disrupts water mains, which leak, so no water pressure = no water at your sink/toilet if you’re in Seattle.
* if you are on city water (say Duvall or Woodinville or Carnation) probably your water mains are about like Seattles, and thus equally likely to be disrupted.
* if you are on a well, remember that there’s no guarantee that your private water system won’t be similarly disrupted.

Earthquakes break stuff. Gas line, water mains, electrical lines, the foundation of your house, the walls of your house. Being a rural resident doesn’t mean your infrastructure has been sprinkled with magic anti-earthquake fairy dust to keep it intact when the Big One hits. Mostly being a rural resident means that about 700,000 Seattle residents will be moving east by car and on foot, coming to ask you if you have any water or food.

On Dec 4, 2018, at 12:37 PM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:

So, basically, its says I'm in better shape for water, in the case of big earthquake, than everyone inside Seattle proper.

I'm okay with that.

:-)

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 12/3/2018 2:44 PM, Rowland wrote:

Interesting Read About Water Issues After Earthquake.

https://tinyurl.com/y7qygaeh

Thank You,