Re: <tap> <tap> is this thing on? Hello APRS!

Shawn / K7ATA

its pretty easy to build a TNC for aprs with an arduino; I've done a few. Average cost was ~$15 as one-off prototypes.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 5/27/2019 3:12 AM, Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW) via Groups.Io wrote:

There's two ways to go: a digipeter or an IGATE    An IGATE is actually one of my current projects.  Just ordered the TNC described in the article.  I'll probably make it receive-only with a Baofeng hooked up through a mutlicoupler to my scanner antenna.  But that would still allow nearby radios to get their packet info in the APRS mix.

https://wcares.org/special-interests-3/aprs/build-an-aprs-igate/