Yes indeed, tied to the PC via USB, and it works perfectly with winlink.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 6/24/2019 9:09 PM, Dan Pflugrath wrote:
Shawn,
Nice work. Simple is beautiful.

I am a bit slow at this but do you then hook up the Arduino to your computer app by the USB port? I am assuming you could use this to run WinLink.

Thanks
Dan KA7GPP

-----Original Message-----
From: snovarc@groups.io [mailto:snovarc@groups.io] On Behalf Of Shawn / K7ATA
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 3:29 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] <tap> <tap> is this thing on? Hello APRS!

Simplicity itself; Simple schematic and protoboard view:
https://imgur.com/a/dkUQ03J

NPN is a 2n2222 or equivalent, arduino requires a firmware flashed onto
it with AVRdude

Firmware:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mobilinkd/tnc1/arduino/images/mobilinkd-473-arduino.hex

This is all based on the moblinkd design, and if you're a glutton for
punishment, I have a BOM for SMT build and the boards can be had from
oshpark: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/rY0zpRke (yes, everything
fits UNDER an arduino nano)

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 6/24/2019 2:50 PM, Ryan - KJ7GIE wrote:
its pretty easy to build a TNC for aprs with an arduino; I've done a
few. Average cost was ~$15 as one-off prototypes.
--Shawn
Mr. Shawn Sir,
Can you please post the BOM and design you use for your Arduino TNC? I'd be interested in putting one of these together. Thank you.

US MD: "I Beg Americans To Throw Out This Veg Now"
dr-pedre-md.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5d119e9463b8b1e935052st01duc