Re: Polarity Tester

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Powerwerx makes a little tester - functionally the same as the one Lynn showed us, but much smaller as it just has a single dual color LED and the LED is mounted right through a weather hood on the back of the powerpole connectors:

after browsing dual color LEDs at Mouser and powerpole bits at powerwerx I reckon we could make the same thing out of about 3 bucks worth of parts.

I was pretty impressed with the idea of a set of test leads for a multimeter with powerpoles installed.  That’s just a no brainer, I can’t believe I never thought of that.

On Aug 5, 2019, at 3:39 PM, Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

Here is the info on the power pole polarity tester the Lynn was showing us last week at the meeting.  Would be a fun “club meeting Elmer event” to build some of these.

<Polarity tester.pdf>