Re: Building a Yagi

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I like building antennas, so count me in.

That said, you may find that depending on what band/bands you’re interested in, and how much gain or f/b ratio you’re trying to get, if the yagi is for 2m or 70cm it maybe be only marginally cheaper to build one than to buy a manufactured one.  I was all set to build a 5 element yagi for 70cm but couldn’t really justify building one versus just buying the 5 element solid element yagi from Arrow.

I haven’t actually mounted the Arrow yagi yet, so if someone wants to fondle one before they decide, just let me know.

On Sep 27, 2019, at 2:01 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

I know someone who has done that for satellite work.

On Sep 27, 2019, at 1:32 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Hello fellow Snovarcians -

I'm working on a project that needs a Yagi that I can mount at home and then use a rotator to automatically position it via a computer program I am writing. Anyone Elmers out there that would be interested in working with me to build a Yagi?

Thanks and 73