Re: Building a Yagi

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Somewhere I have two articles on the Quagi, both supplied I think by Dan when I expressed interest back when Dan showed his at a meeting. I also have a Quagi UFO (Un Finished Object).

On Sep 27, 2019, at 5:27 PM, Dan Pflugrath <dpflugrath@juno.com> wrote:

Howard,
See if you can find the original article for the quagi from about 1985 time frame. I can assist more end of next week when I return from vacation. Dan
---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM" <wa1hem@mahran.com>
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] Building a Yagi
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 17:06:20 -0700

Dan - thanks. I’m looking into the Quagi now - looks interesting and could definitely be an option

Paul - I will absoulutely take you up on the offer to check out your Arrow yagi! Thanks! Lets set up a time to do that.

Lou - stay tuned for a day/time for a Yagi / Quagi discussion / show and tell at the Carnation shack.

Also - has anybody seen this https://www.gigaparts.com/radiowavz-antenna-tape.html ? Any experience or comments. Looks pretty cool for my go box.

Howard
WA1HEM

If you are looking for a 2 meter or 70 cm antenna with high gain easy to build and works most times without adjustments build a Quagi. It uses quad elements for the driven and reflector elements and yagi director elements. No fancy matching to the coax and work great. Google quagi for information. 73 Dan