Re: 220 repeater WA7PFB 223.9 - 88.5

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

For comparison I cannot hit the Bell repeater at it’s current location at Jim’s place with a 5w HT at my place.  It’s actually touch and go hearing it on my GP-6 at about 30 feet and trying to access it with 50W into that GP-6 is also touch and go.

So I am not surprised I have coverage issues to the direct north.

On Nov 22, 2019, at 1:10 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

If you’re using the Btech tri-bander HT it’s specced at 4w 1.25m and 70cm.

But yeah, it looks like I can’t hear too well to the north.  There’s a pretty big rise between you and me but I also noticed poor coverage in the valley up near NE 124th and the prop simulation doesn’t match that.

I suspect I want the antenna up quite a bit higher.  Plans for that in the works…

Thanks for the feedback!

On Nov 22, 2019, at 11:57 AM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

I tired using my Buddipole in 1/4 wave vertical configuration with my 5 Watt HT.  But could not hit the repeater.

Have no problems reaching the W7WRG repeater on 224.580 located up on Haystack with just the HT's antenna.

Looks like your repeater is deaf to the north Paul..

Jim
W7ABD

On 11/21/19 21:42, Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW) via Groups.Io wrote:
Just tried it at 21:42 PST

I couldn't hit it from with my HT in my yard (QTH is a mile or so off of Big Rock and Odell)  If I had an antenna with gain I may have, but this is the stock TH-D74 rubber duck so no joy. :-(

-Lou

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.