Build your station in pieces and make sure that you can use 90% of the capabilities you have before you spend more money. :-) you will learn how not to spend money in the process because a lot of those gadgets we don't really need and the problems they solve can be overcome through ingenuity and sweat - part of the fun!

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

-------- Original Message --------
On Nov 24, 2019, 8:55 AM, Rowland < k7rwb@...> wrote:

In my opinion slow down with the equipment purchases and get more training under your belt. That is a more affordable way to go also!

From: snovarc@groups.io <snovarc@groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 6:35 PM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [snovarc] IC-705 anyone?

Ryan - You're killin' me! This is a really cool small unit, especially for use in a go-box or emcomm back pack. IMHO It would have been perfect if it also had 220 as well. But...alas...no more units for me.-  I'm still seriously wet-behind-the-ears as I only had my license for barely 5 months and I already have accumulated 2 hts, 2 mobile VHF/UHF and 1 HF base station (still new in a box and already month old)… LOL... That is the definition of the cart getting way ahead of the horse...
--