Re: IC-705 anyone?

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

I don't think what I'm saying is much different from what you said, Robin - just equal and opposite. Your caution is not to underbuy, and I agree. My caution is not to overbuy. There's a place in the middle.

-Lou

P.S. Not sure what engineering has to do with - I do have "engineer" in my title, but my degree is in math / theoretical compsci. I don't solder too much, but I can shift around Greek letters like a three card Monty dealer and make a Turing Machine squeal like bad brakes on a 73 Ford, lol.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Sunday, November 24, 2019 2:58 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

My non-engineer POV is do/spend whatever it takes ASAP to get on the air and have fun. As you operate you figure out what’s needed next. Get any antenna up and GO. Then work out the rest of your farm. Also, when you spend, buy ONCE. It is more expensive to go cheap and keep upgrading because you left behind features. For instance when I bought my KPA500 amp I didn’t spend the money on the one with more features that now I dearly wish I had. If I had a rule for myself about building stuff myself I wouldn’t yet have a functioning shack. Getting help is what my Elmer’s are for...btw Elmer’s, my 8900 is dead as a door nail. Need help in December troubleshooting...thanks in advance.

Robin, WA7CPA

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.