Re: Do I really needan 8ft ground rod?

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

I agree with everything Robin said. I'll add this. If you are going to ground, make sure you know what is being grounded and how. If you do it wrong, especially using multiple ground points without bonding, you will cause more problems than you solve including safety issues.

Here's an overview of why we shouldn't haphazardly pound a rod into the ground, attach to the antenna, and call it good.

http://w8ji.com/station_ground.htm

Sent from ProtonMail mobile