Re: G5RV Replacement

Dan Pflugrath

I have an optimized G5RV that I cannot use due to the HOA where I now live. It was up two years in carnation but is in good condition. More details of you are interested Dan. KA7GPP.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Ken Koch WA7KK" <groups@...>
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: [SnoVARC] G5RV Replacement
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 12:30:56 -0800

I've had a G5RV up for less than 18 months. In the winds last night the wires basically pulled apart at the one end where the wire and rope meet. I think that there was a loop there, but I don't recall. I had it mounted with good pulleys on both ends that were moving freely so there shouldn't have been too much strain on it. Basically the wire unraveled.Now I need to decide if I want to replace it with a G5RV (and hope that it lasts longer), or go with something else. The space between the trees was just about perfect for the G5RV so I want to stat within the same general ballpark in terms of length. Since putting the wire back up the tree is a pain, This is not something I want to do every year or so.Any suggestions?

1 Cup Of This (Tonight) Will Burn Your Belly Fat Like Crazy
Diet Insider
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5e14f9bd3c9579bc0348st03duc