From: Ralph Lease
Sent: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 2:04 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] G5RV Replacement

The Buckmaster OCF dipole is 135 ft long but requires a messenger cable for support.  It allows hanging with some "slack" to allow for wind and removing a lot of stress from the wire. It covers 80/75, 40, 20, 17, 12, 10 and 6.

Cheers

Ralph

KC7QXD

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, 12:30 PM Ken Koch WA7KK <groups@...> wrote:

I've had a G5RV up for less than 18 months.  In the winds last night the wires basically pulled apart at the one end where the wire and rope meet.  I think that there was a loop there, but I don't recall.  I had it mounted with good pulleys on both ends that were moving freely so there shouldn't have been too much strain on it.  Basically the wire unraveled.

Now I need to decide if I want to replace it with a G5RV (and hope that it lasts longer), or go with something else.  The space between the trees was just about perfect for the G5RV so I want to stat within the same general ballpark in terms of length.   Since putting the wire back up the tree is a pain, This is not something I want to do every year or so.

Any suggestions?