Re: Looking for Volunteers

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Very interesting! If I volunteer, do I get to be arrested in front of a large crowd? That would be my 15 minutes of fame! Hahaha...

***********************************
Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104
***********************************

On Jan 14, 2020, at 1:11 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

This sounds interesting.....Kathy and I may look into it.

 From now on only use the following email for me  rowland.brasch@...

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:14 PM Ken Kosters <kenkosters@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Thought you might be interested. Passing this on.
W7 ECK
Ken

Begin forwarded message:

From: Douglas Dickinson <doug.dickinson01@...>
Date: January 12, 2020 at 3:13:07 PM PST
To: Ken Kosters <kenkosters@...>
Subject: Looking for Volunteers

Ken

Knowing of your association with the Amateur Radio community, I wanted to pass this along for distribution as you see fit:

I got connected with TSA at the airport as a volunteer and they are looking for others to help out. I am a training decoy - I will be paired with a trainer and they plant explosive materials on me and use this as training for their dog handler teams to get some practice in. Think of it as a nice indoor walk-about and helping TSA get better at what they do at the same time.

Because they don't want dogs or people getting used to us, this only works every few months so it is an intermittent effort and usually during the week.

If you are interested, send an e-mail to Tammy at the following address:
Tammy.Hobbs@...
She will fill you in and schedule a convenient time to attend a briefing and do a "tour"

If you know of others that may be interested, please pass this along.

Doug