Re: looking for an antenna/antenna simulation elmer

W7ABD

Hi Paul,

Here is the Buddipole design for a 80-40m NVIS Antenna.

https://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/buddipole/nvis2008.pdf

I have put one of these together and it seems to work.  But like all buddipole configurations it needs to be tweaked within the bands for the best match.

Jim
W7ABD

On 2/29/20 16:21, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) wrote:
I am trying to come up with an optimized design for an 80m NVIS antenna.  So far this has boiled down to hatching ideas, building an NEC model using 4nec2, and then optimizing and evaluating the design.

(side note: the entire issue of building an antenna that has enough bandwidth to cover the entire 80m band is a rathole I did not expect to fall into.  Fan dipoles.  Butterfly dipoles.  Cage dipoles.  Holy smoke, who knew there were all these dipole variants?)

I’m bumping up against the limits understanding of antenna theory,  and bumping into my very limited understanding of NEC modeling really hard.

So I’m looking for an elmer to help me out.  If you can help, or you can help me connect with someone who can help, I’d sure appreciate it.