Re: Upcoming business meeting and using video conferencing software

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Thanks Tom. I’ll be sending out details on Groups.io about how what you need and how to get on the conference call in the next day. Just to clarify, this is not *my* software but rather conference call software that I have used and trusted for years. FreeConferenceCall.com  provides free conference calling services to not-for-profits, students, etc. Their model is supported by donations and small telephone fees that they get directly from phone companies. We can use their service for free or contribute a payment if we are able and capable, but it's not necessary. T

Expect the instructions shortly. Hope everyone is staying well.

a virus free 73 to all,

Howard

***********************************
Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104

On Mar 24, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Tom WA7TBP via Groups.Io <tomwa7tbp@...> wrote:

Hello everyone:

I hope all of your all well and finding ways to keep happy staying at home. After conferring with many of you, and listening to the success of other ham radio clubs, I talked with Howard about holding our April 2 meeting with conference call software.

Howard has graciously offered to let us try out his conference call software to do this meeting. He will be sending out a separate e-mail with instructions of how to connect up and use the software. To prepare the club for the use of the software, Howard will host a social gathering on Tuesday, March 31 at 7:00 PM, using the conference call software. During this gathering, you will have a chance to connect up and make sure that you are all set up to actually participate in our meeting on April 2. During the social gathering, I will monitor the Cougar Mountain repeater in case you have an issue and can not connect to the conference call. If you run into a problem, call me on the repeater, and I will advise Howard of the problem to see if it is easily resolved during the social gathering.

Thank you to all of you for your patience with the issues we had with cancelling two meetings The first was weather related, and the second was the closure of the public meeting spaces. I trust we will have an excellent chance to test our flexibility in dealing with these life emergencies. Hams are supposed to be good at making things work when the normal means are not available. Let us treat this as a learning experience and have some fun with it.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing you during the social gathering on Tuesday, March 31 at 7:00 PM then again for the April 2 business meeting, 6:15 PM, both using the conference call software.

Wash your hands, stay safe, be flexible.

73,

Tom, WA7TBP