Re: Looking For Tap

Rowland

That is what is on the package the check valve was on.  it said 1/2" MPT which I took for the size of the tap.  What it meant was Male Pipe Thread.  It was a description of what was in the bag.  I meant to say NPT for the tap I was looking for.  Ben has loaned me one.

What happened was my hot water check valve was making noise which I believe means I am going to fail soon.  So I ordered two of them. One for cold in and one hot out.  I played hell getting them out as there was literally no room to work.  However with lots of straining and pleasant words expelled from my lips they both eventually came out.  The threads look OK but I want to run a tap down them to clean them before installing the check valves just to make sure of a good leak proof fit.

I will be doing that tomorrow so if you step outside and listen closely you might hear the thunder in my direction as I try to fit my hands back in there again.  In reaiity it should go better as I learned a few tricks removing them.

Thanks,

Rowland

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 6:12 PM <cwoolfolk@...> wrote:
Hi Rowland,  I don't know what MPT means.  I have course and fine thread taps.  Educate me please!

Hope you and Kathy are doing well in these trying times.

Chuck

----- Original Message -----
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Sent: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 19:05:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [SnoVARC] Looking For Tap

Hi All,

I am looking to borrow a 1/2" MPT size thread  tap to clean out some threads on my RV water heater water connections.  Checked at Duvall hardware and they do not carry one.  Please let me know if someone has one I can use for about 30 minutes.

Thanks,

Rowland

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.