Re: Field Day Is Coming Soon

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

I plan to do something similar.  I'll probably try running off a deep cycle lead acid battery to see how much I can get out of it since I've never done that before.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:57 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

As of now, I will be driving my car around the corner to the top of my hill and setting up my portable station under sun cover popup on a flat area with coax running from the Tarheel on my car roof. I may pitch a tent and sleep in my backyard for first time ever, in spite of the bears, coyotes, raccoons, bobcats. Or I may just scare myself enough talking about it to go inside, lol.  I do have a fire pit I could use if burning is allowed then. I will shut down my home station, to avoid worrying about both stations being on same band when I transmit. I will hang my banner for neighbors walking by to see. I may send an email to neighbors inviting them into the yard to observe at the safe distance. 

I enjoyed solo Field Day last year from a cliff over North Beach in Port Townsend during daylight and the downtown water's edge over night in my car with all my equipment spread all over the front seat and dash board. It was a lot of fun. Answering nature's call this year will be a lot more convenient. 

Robin, WA7CPA

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.