Re: Antenna Tuner or Tune an Antenna with an Analyzer?

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I would say it depends.  If it’s a single band antenna I say tune the antenna for best match across the band or at the frequency of concern, and if the SWR is still too high at the point of resonance, build a transformer into the feedline to get close to 1:1.

If you want to use the same antenna on multiple bands, a tuner is darn useful.  My two HF radios both have very capable built in auto tuners, and I’ve used my OCFD on bands where it would otherwise be unusable.

On May 3, 2020, at 2:44 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

What say you?