From: wwdxc@groups.io <wwdxc@groups.io> on behalf of N7QT Robert Fanfant <rfanfant@...>
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 10:42 AM
To: wwdxc@groups.io <wwdxc@groups.io>
Subject: [wwdxc] May WWDXC Monthly meeting - All about Digital Mobile Radio (DMR), presented by Jamie Hughes (WA7JH)

Greetings!

Welcome to the second WWDXC virtual club meeting  using ZOOM, on Tuesday May 12th 2020. Jamie Hughes will be presenting an introduction into the world of Digital Mobile Radio

Timeline:

  • 5:45PM - 6:30PM   Social/Happy hour - Feel free to join the meeting early for an informal gathering of club members.
  • 6:30PM - 7:00PM   Official Meeting start - Club business centered discussions
  • 7:00PM - 8:00PM   Main attraction -  Jamie (WA7JH)  presenting introduction to DMR radio and it's application. Meeting doors will close at 7PM to all new comers
  • 8:00PM - 8:15PM    Q&A

Several important points:

  • Please mute your microphone at all times when not talking
  • Please turn off any background music, radio or other audio sources as this generates undesirable background noise when you do speak
  •  The meeting will be locked to all newcomers at the start of Jamie's presentation therefore join us WELL BEFORE 7:00PM.
  • Members will need to be identified therefore please enter first name and callsign for last name when registering for the meeting. If you plan to phone/dial into the meeting then please join  well before 6:30PM so we can ID you.
  • We will be using the "raise hand" feature that we learned during our training session(s) to interact once the meeting starts at 6:30PM until the end of the meeting.
  • Every member of WWDXC will receive this email, therefore please do not forward this email to anyone else.
  • If you are planning to attend please click in order to register and get your personal invitation to the meeting.

Look forward to seeing all of you at Tuesday meeting. If any of you still have questions on how to use Zoom then please contact me via email prior to Tuesday's meeting.

73,

-rob N7QT