Re: 6 meter tune up

Paul Zoba

Hey, it was new to me too! But then lots of things in this field are new to me... lol.

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:27 AM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
It was my first-ever 6m FM experience and the sound quality was fantastic. I am a new 6m FM enthusiast.

Robin, WA7CPA

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 9:39 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
Thanks, Tom.  I have to say, going into the exercise I figured my antenna, which is horizontally polarized and frankly pretty awful for 6m, would mean that I would have very poor performance on 6m, both SSB and FM.  To my great surprise, I found my station performed surprisingly well.  Good news!

On May 23, 2020, at 9:29 AM, Tom WA7TBP via groups.io <tomwa7tbp@...> wrote:

Hello everyone:

I am sorry I haven't got the summary of the 6 meter tune up out yet. I am in my RV until next Wednesday, and I failed to bring my logbook from home. I will get the summary out as soon as I can after we get back.

Sorry about that. A thumbnail sketch of the exercise was that most stations were able to hear one another. If I remember right, I was not able to hear 3 stations of all those that checked in. I feel that 6 meters offers SNOVARC some great value for public service, rag chews and EMCOMM. When I was a two way radio tech, I worked in the Snoqualmie Valley. Weyerhauser was our biggest customer. I was amazed at the coverage with the 49 MHz simplex base station they had throughout King, Snohomish and Pierce County. Maybe we should have another 6 meter tune up in the future.

Again, sorry I forgot my logbook. I will do my best to get the summary out as soon as I get home. Thanks to all of you that participated in the test.

73,

Tom, WA7TBP