Re: Quad band antenna?

Robin Amundson

Bob,
The GP-15 is exactly what I was thinking. Wondering, though, if adding 10m in one antenna is worth any compromise. I expect to have great propagation from the QTH. MFJ does not have the best quality reputation so I have sort of ignored considering its antennas.

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 11:13 AM Bob Otis <rmot47@...> wrote:

After last week’s new ham net, I checked out a few of the ideas.  My current direction would be the GP-15 for 70-2-6 with the MFJ-347 for 10m.  You may want to check out YouTube for videos on MFJ-347 to see how others have done it if you are not already familiar with it.

73, Bob

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robin Amundson
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 10:23 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: [SnoVARC] Quad band antenna?

Looking for comments on quad band UHF/VHF antennas. Too much compromise? Tri-band instead?  Favorites? I am jazzed about 6m FM now and think I might as well add 10m FM so I do not need to use my HF antenna on 6 and 10 FM. I am hoping to roof mount a new quad or tri lashed against a chimney on a metal roof.

73,
Robin