From: "Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io" <w7pfb@...>
Date: 5/25/20 12:30 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Quad band antenna?

Ok, now that I’m fired up about 6m I also am looking at antenna options.

I don’t see any quad band solutions.  If you’re excluding beams of various descriptions, the best solution a short search came up with for me was something along the lines of:
Diamond CP610 dual band 10m/6m
Whatever your choice is for dual band 2m/70cm (e.g. Comet GP-1, GP-3, GP-6 and the equivalent Diamond and Hustler entrants)
separate feedlines for the antennas that connect to a diplexer to sort it out into 6m&10m/2m&70cm

But I am pondering some sort of low gain beam, aimed more or less WNW from my place.  Two element Yagi or a Moxon or even a quarter wave vertical with a reflector offset to the side.

On May 25, 2020, at 10:23 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Looking for comments on quad band UHF/VHF antennas. Too much compromise? Tri-band instead?  Favorites? I am jazzed about 6m FM now and think I might as well add 10m FM so I do not need to use my HF antenna on 6 and 10 FM. I am hoping to roof mount a new quad or tri lashed against a chimney on a metal roof.

73,
Robin