Re: Interference

Rowland

When I monitored the noise on 146.500 it hit me at S9 plus and was very loud.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 5:24 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
146.500 is in the VNDB repeater output allocation in the WWARA plan.  I was pretty sure there was a DMR repeater there so I looked and sure enough, there’s a DMR repeater listed in the coordinated plan, callsign AF7PR.

If it’s doing CW ID, just knowing whether it’s IDing as AF7PR would give us a big clue.  I think the repeater is supposed to be way the heck up near Bellingham, which seems like a long shot to the Sno Valley.

On Jun 1, 2020, at 5:11 PM, Tom WA7TBP via groups.io <tomwa7tbp@...> wrote:

Hello all:

I would like to point out that on 146.500 MHz, there is a strong digital signal. I believe it could be a digital paging signal. It is intermittent, but sometimes can last for several minutes. I have heard a Morse code ID once in awhile, but have not been in a position to copy the code. Please take a listen and see if you hear the signal. Rowland and I have both heard it. If you can get any information about this signal, let me know and I will do what I can to get some time of action started to rectify the situation.

Thank you in advance for taking a listen.

73,

Tom, WA7TBP