Re: Tarheel questions

Kirt White / K7KDW

I'm too often the voice of reason around my house so I'm all tapped out. I was only able to talk myself out of one for the time being because I have a couple of expensive projects I haven't completed. 

I'll be looking forward to seeing you and Paul's Tarheels in action when we can do some get togethers. 

Kirt 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:25 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>; Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Tarheel questions

Uh, no.  Not going to try to talk you out of something to do with your Jeep.  As I pointed out before, there are lots of parts of Jeeps I don’t know anything about.  Ask me about a Land Rover and I might have an answer.  

(the answer is that the side hinged rear door on a Land Rover Disco is a PIA because it leaves you with nothing to put up and stand under when it’s raining and you’re trying to get your camera and tripod all ready before you step out into the rain to make the exposure).

I think I have decided on a Little Tarheel II and one of those triple mag mounts like Robin has.  Basically just duplicating Robin’s setup, which impressed the bejeebees out of me when she showed me how it worked.  So simple to set up.  So fast and simple in operation.  Darn good performance.  Fits in a small enough space that I don’t resent it when lugging it out to the car or back to the shack.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jun 6, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

So I’ve narrowed the choice to the 300a or the 400a. Can’t decide which one. Also, I'll use a hitch mount but need to find some type of extension to get around the spare tire. Someone please talk me out of this🥴
--
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.