Re: Wire length question

Paul Zoba

I’m no expert but as I’ve played around with wire antennas, and reading ARRL publications, I believe any folded over length of wire is not counted. What matters is end to end reach of the conductor. The part wrapped around or folded back is not counted.

I do agree with Dan, the performance difference either way will be insignificant.

On Jul 11, 2020, at 10:04 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I realize this might be a silly question and the significance to the overall wire length minimal but the question is burning a hole in my head: Do you count the part of the wire that is tied around the ceramic insulator when measuring wire length ?  I say “yes”

<08C416AD-97C7-4404-877F-0AA41B5874B1.jpeg>