Re: What is your opinion of Icoms new ic 705?

W7ABD

I defiantly want one when they go on sale!  That is assuming Icom does not price it outside of my means.

Cool QRP Rig.  I love the display on the 7300, so this is big plus.  Also it is an SDR.  Uses the same batteries as the 51 HT, so they are interchangeable.  Think it would make for an awesome noise hunter.

Jim
W7ABD

On 7/18/20 13:22, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM wrote:
I’m in need of a portable HF unit. I love the idea that this unit is both HF & VHF/UHF with lithium ion battery on board. Also same interface as the 7300. Only 10w but could carry an amp. What do you all think?

https://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/handheld/705/default.aspx