Re: Free Mackie Mix 8 mixer

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I am happy to let someone else snap the mixer up but I’m super interested in how you have this set up in your shack and what sort of stuff it does for you.

I’ve been pining or a way to have multiple mics in my shack and having some way to connect any particular mic to any particular rig.  And a way to route sound from any particular rig to any particular headset or set of speakers.

So if such a mixer can be used to do that, I’d love to learn how!

On Jul 20, 2020, at 3:42 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Hello fellow Snovarcians,

I have a brand new Mackie Mix 8 mixer that is still unopened in its box (actually it's still in its unopened UPS shipping box).

Mixers are great for connecting, for example, a single microphone for use with multiple rigs. They're also very useful for directing output from multiple sources to speakers as well as headphones - each with their own gain and filter controls. There are a ton of other uses.

This mixer is free to anyone that wants it that fits one of these criteria 1) you are retired, 2) you are a student, 3) you just really want it.

I'm glad to drop it off if you meet me in the Duvall/Carnation/Redmond/Woodinville area.

https://mackie.com/products/mix-series-compact-mixers