Re: Winlink and VARA FM

Shawn / K7ATA

Not connecting at all on packet, not sure if it can even hear me.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 8/10/2020 1:22 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) wrote:
know several folks are trying to get VARA FM working with Winlink. One of the problems everyone has is that there’s only one RMS station even close, and none of us can reach it.

So I’m happy to report that I now have a temporary fix, which is that my UHF Winlink RMS has been resurrected and is running VARA FM.

W7PFB-10, 440.850, running VARA FM Wide and at least in theory also running 1200 baud packet.

If you try to use it, please let me know how it went, regardless of outcome. Getting this working definitely involved creating a few new head-sized dents in the walls of my shack, so I’m not entirely convinced it’s all set up correctly. Feedback is appreciated!

.