Re: Go bags

W7ABD

I have found the quality of Alkaline Batteries, Like everything else on the market these days has deteriorated.  Used to be the leading batteries Like Duracell and Energizer would never leak inside your devices.  Only the "cheap" batteries would do that. But not anymore - they leak just like the "cheap" ones.  <sad>

I now store all my batteries, like Ralph these days in ziplock bags outside of my devices.

Jim
W7ABD

On 9/5/20 17:40, Ralph Lease wrote:
Went to use a flashlight today and it needed new batteries.  With winter coming decided to check all flashlights including in my go bag. Had to dispose of my mini Maglite flashlight due to a battery exploding in the light. Not worth trying to get the cell out.

Note to self: as go bag lights/devices seldom get used, store batteries in the go bag in a zip lock bag and not in the flashlights. If a battery goes bad and leaks it will not ruin the light/device.

Ralph
KC7QXD