Re: Go bags

Shawn / K7ATA

I'm slowly converting everything I own, that uses batteries, to 18650 cells; LED flashlights are relatively cheap, and charging an 18650 is logistically no different than charging a cell phone. (still needs a cable/adapter)

I literally have dozens of spare cells, and getting more is usually not a problem.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 9/5/2020 8:27 PM, Rowland wrote:
Good plan

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 6:18 PM W7ABD <w7abd1@... <mailto:w7abd1@...>> wrote:

I have found the quality of Alkaline Batteries, Like everything else

on the market these days has deteriorated.  Used to be the leading

batteries Like Duracell and Energizer would never leak inside your

devices.  Only the "cheap" batteries would do that. But not anymore

- they leak just like the "cheap" ones.  <sad>

I now store all my batteries, like Ralph these days in ziplock bags

outside of my devices.

Jim

W7ABD

On 9/5/20 17:40, Ralph Lease wrote:

Went to use a flashlight today and it needed new

batteries.  With winter coming decided to check all flashlights

including in my go bag. Had to dispose of my mini Maglite

flashlight due to a battery exploding in the light. Not worth

trying to get the cell out.

Note to self: as go bag lights/devices seldom

get used, store batteries in the go bag in a zip lock bag and

not in the flashlights. If a battery goes bad and leaks it

will not ruin the light/device.

Ralph

KC7QXD