W7PFB-10 Winlink RMS changes

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

If you’re not using my Winlink RMS stations W7PFB-10, you can ignore this email.

If you’re using W7PFB-10 to connect to Winlink, but are not interested in the details, all you need to know is that I’ve made a bunch of changes, so if you run into trouble or have other feedback, please let me know.

If you’re interested in the nitty gritty, read on:

The station used to be:
Kenwood TM-D710G dualband radio
Windows Laptop running the RMS software configured to use the TNC built in to the Kenwood radio to do 1200 baud packet
VARA FM software using a Masters Communications DRA-50 sound card connected to the data port on the Kenwood to do VARA FM WIDE.

The station is now:
Alinco DR-135T 2m radio
The same Windows laptop using the RMS software
Masters Communications DRA-50 soundcard connected to the data port of the DR-135T
Soundmodem software using the DRA-50 to do 1200 baud packet
VARA FM software using the DRA-50 to do VARA FM WIDE

Please send any questions or comments you might have!