From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 4:23 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io; Lynn Burlingame <n7cfo@...>
Subject: [SnoVARC] W7PFB-10 Winlink RMS changes

If you’re not using my Winlink RMS stations W7PFB-10, you can ignore this email.

If you’re using W7PFB-10 to connect to Winlink, but are not interested in the details, all you need to know is that I’ve made a bunch of changes, so if you run into trouble or have other feedback, please let me know.

If you’re interested in the nitty gritty, read on:

The station used to be:
Kenwood TM-D710G dualband radio
Windows Laptop running the RMS software configured to use the TNC built in to the Kenwood radio to do 1200 baud packet VARA FM software using a Masters Communications DRA-50 sound card connected to the data port on the Kenwood to do VARA FM WIDE.

The station is now:
Alinco DR-135T 2m radio
The same Windows laptop using the RMS software Masters Communications DRA-50 soundcard connected to the data port of the DR-135T Soundmodem software using the DRA-50 to do 1200 baud packet VARA FM software using the DRA-50 to do VARA FM WIDE

Please send any questions or comments you might have!